Web Content Editor
The Web Content Editor is responsible for contributing written content for use in technology-based training. The position will interact with a team of professionals to shape the nature, character, and voice of finished products.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Works with a team of contributors (subject matter experts, instructional designers, web developers, graphic artists) under tight deadlines to produce content in an agile, results-driven manner.
- Writes and edits content on a wide range of subjects, ranging from technical procedures to soft-skills training.
- Shapes content to be engaging, concise, and accurate.
- Contributes knowledge of industry best practices in producing and presenting online content.
- Provides new, creative, well-thought-out ideas for content and content development.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of subjects important to Foreign Service Officers and applies knowledge to produce appropriate, effective, and meaningful content.
- Performs editorial duties to produce high-quality training products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional Experience - Cornerstone LMS
- Additional Experience - Microlearning
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts to validate content while producing focused, engaging content.
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated experience working with production teams and managing product workflow.
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated experience with online training products, including but not limited to responsive web pages, mobile apps, podcasts, and short video screenplays.
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, producing content relevant to the State Department.
- Additional Experience - Experience with section 508/web accessibility standards.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience writing for online formats and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with developmental editing and copyediting.\
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in preparing content for online formats.
- Demonstrated ability to apply AP or other industry-standard style guides.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining positive relationships with colleagues.
The Web Content Editor is responsible for contributing written content for use in technology-based training. The position will interact with high-level bureau and school/center clients to shape the nature, character, and voice used in finished products. In many industry engagements, a B.S./B.A is required for this type of role. DLD requires at least 3 years of experience to ensure the person is a proven performer that is capable performing the work with this level of stakeholder and in high-priority projects.
We want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume by clicking on the button below.