The Project Coordinator collaborates with clients and internal teams to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to quality standards.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Interacts with stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Prepares comprehensive action plans for projects, including tasks, resources, and timeframes.
- Coordinates project schedules, tasks, resources, equipment, and information.
- Monitors project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Orchestrates collaboration and task execution among cross-functional team members (instructional designers, graphic artists, developers, and editors).
- Assesses project risks and provides mitigation strategies.
- Acts as the point of contact and communicates project status to all stakeholders.
- Chairs project meetings and distribute minutes as appropriate.
- Produces and monitors risk management plans, as necessary.
- Maintains project documentation.
- Ensures project quality standards are met.
- Conducts ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or operational issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional Experience - Project management certification (including, but not limited to PMP, ScrumMaster, or PMI-ACP).
- Additional Experience - Knowledge of SCORM and learning management systems.
- Additional Experience - Demonstrated understanding of Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated work experience as a Project Manager, Project Coordinator, or similar role.
- Demonstrated experience managing digital learning projects from conception to delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools (including, but not limited to Microsoft Project, Microsoft Planner, and Trello).
- Demonstrated experience estimating the level of effort for technology-based learning projects.
- Demonstrated experience tracking project metrics, including but not limited to burn-down rates, earned value, and estimates to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple projects under tight time requirements.
The Project Coordinator collaborates with clients and internal teams to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to quality standards. This professional may be assigne0d to work with high-level officials to ensure that critical (or time-sensitive) training is delivered in an efficient and effective manner. Therefore, this position requires experience above the entry level.