Media Specialist III
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) — Digital Learning Division (DLD) designs and develops eLearning and Continuous Learning courses, products, and resources that are hosted in a variety of environments: web, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and SharePoint. DLD seeks an individual for the position who has demonstrated experience collaborating with an integrated team to design a variety of graphics and multimedia assets for web-based eLearning, analog and digital audio, and/or video. Experience with responsive web design and producing a wide variety of training and educational products, specifically eLearning, is highly valued. EOE M/F D/V.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in media production using current technologies, to include graphics for web-based eLearning, analog and digital audio, and/or video.
- Expertise with Photoshop and Illustrator CS, Flash MX, Studio MX, or similar image creation and editing software.
- Expertise in creating graphical user interface designs and content graphics and/or animations.
- Knowledge of and proven experience with graphic design and usability principles associated with developing interfaces that conform to requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (Section 508).
- Working knowledge of design fundamentals, color theory, interface design and image editing, storage and compression.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Sony Sound Forge and Discreet Cleaner X or similar digital video editing software and accompanying video editing skills highly valued.
- Ability to record, edit, organize, and compress analog and digital audio, video, and graphic content to be used in FSI’s multimedia instructional products highly valued.
- Familiarity with industry standard and USG web development policies and standards preferred.
- Significant, proven experience as a member of a team and a technical lead; positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.
- Ability to physically assist in a video production environment, working collaboratively with instructional staff.
- BS/BA or MS/MA in relevant field highly valued.
- Experience in mobile design and development valued.
- Experience in gaming and/or simulations design valued.
- Experience in eBooks/epublishing design valued.
- Photography skills valued.
- Experience in foreign language design and development valued.
- 13 to 18 days PTO, depending on years of employment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K savings plan
- Educational assistance program
- Commuter benefits
- 10 paid holidays