LMS Administrator (Functional)
The LMS Administrator (Functional) assists the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Project Team as they support and administer the HHS Learning Management System (LMS) for NIH. The LMS Administrator supports the identification and development of resolutions to overcome challenges impacting the successful implementation and maintenance related to the LMS. This support shall consist of working with staff to include the NIH LMS Implementation Project Team and senior NIH management.
Location: Rockville, MD (REMOTE)
- Assist and support the Functional Lead in the administration of the LMS.
- Assist Functional Lead in identifying the impact of the LMS and LMS upgrades will have on user groups.
- Assist Functional Lead with developing and/or revising training materials (e.g., Instructor Led, Virtual Instructor Led, and eLearning) and job aides.
- Assist Functional Lead with end-user and system administrator training to NIH.
- Deliver Instructor Led and Virtual Instructor Led training.
- Assist Team in development of a coalition between the NIHTC and NIH training areas.
- Assist Team in migrating content (legacy and current) to the LMS.
- Assist Team with system initiatives from HHS, as well as NIH ICs and program offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- BS/BA and 5+ years of relevant experience, or
- AA and 7+ years of relevant experience, or
- HS and 9+ years of relevant experience
Minimum Experience Required
- Knowledge and experience working with 508 compliance and SCORM training content preferred.
- Experience working within an LMS environment, instructional systems design, and delivering in-classroom instruction required.
- Saba LMS administration experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of the NIH’s IC structure desired, but not required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
Other Skills and Experiences Considered Helpful but not Required
- Experience with Saba LMS
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS
- Experience with courseware authoring tools