Junior Software Engineer - Mobile Applications
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) — Digital Learning Division (DLD) designs and develops eLearning and Continuous Learning courses, products, and resources which are hosted in a variety of environments: web, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and SharePoint. DLD seeks a Junior Software Engineer – Mobile Applications to design and develop a variety of mobile learning products. Experience with responsive web design, Xcode and Swift/Objective-C highly valued. EOE M/F D/V.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- A minimum of 3 years of development and/or Engineering experience; 2 years of web development experience with HTML/JS/CSS; 1 year of native Android development experience with Android Studio and Java; and a Bachelor of Science or Engineering in a relevant field. Experience with Xcode and Swift/Objective-C valued.
- Ability to break down and build up technical concepts/problems/solutions.
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Understanding of the mobile development life cycle, Agile development frameworks, and Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of distributed learning applications and methodologies, with hands-on experience.
- Experience decomposing and simplifying UIs for mobile use.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Experience with 508 requirements.
- Experience working with other people’s code and Unicode.
- Experience with media and video valued.
- Experience in eBooks/epublishing valued.
- 13 to 18 days PTO, depending on years of employment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K savings plan
- Educational assistance program
- Commuter benefits
- 10 paid holidays
We want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume by clicking on the button below.