Business Analyst III
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) — Digital Learning Division (DLD) designs and develops eLearning and Continuous Learning courses, products and resources which are hosted in a variety of environments: web, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and mobile. DLD seeks an individual for the position who has a proven ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, create a general understanding from low-level information, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs. Experience managing the full development life cycle of eLearning products and a familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies (e.g., PMP, Agile, Scrum) is preferred. A proven ability to estimate the level of effort for eLearning development projects and provide cost-benefit analyses for eLearning projects, as well as the ability to write project proposals, business cases, and training needs analyses is valued. EOE M/F D/V.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Minimum of 7 years of experience analyzing business process or 5 years of experience and a BS/BA in relevant field
- Expertise in gathering and analyzing requirements using interviews, document analyses, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analyses, and task and workflow analyses
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs
- Ability to write, or assist in writing functional requirements, use cases, GUI mockups, and screen and interface designs
- Ability to assist the Government in identifying industry trends and benchmarks
- Ability to develop work breakdown structures and prepare charts and reports to assist in analyzing processes and problems
- Proven ability in the use of cost-benefit analysis tools, methodologies, and cost tracking to evaluate and forecast funding allocation
- Ability to analyze and prepare financial reports, project and program reports, complex schedules and similar activities
- Ability to provide administrative support to government management for eLearning development research, reporting, projects, and programs
- Ability to document meetings, phone conversations, and agreements
- Possess strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and evaluate effectiveness of solutions
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including managers, clients, and members of the development team
- A thorough understanding of the multimedia development lifecycle is preferred, along with knowledge of distributed learning applications and methodologies
- Working knowledge of Section 508 requirements and SCORM standards is preferred
- Familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies (e.g., PMP, Agile, Scrum) is preferred
We want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume by clicking on the button below.