This position requires the ability to secure a security clearance of secret level.
PowerBuilder Developers translate system specifications, requirements, logical and business diagrams, and detailed design documentation into system components and code. At this level, this position will be aware of development best practices and strive to apply them.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Ensures compliance with Department of State’s IT security standards.
- Researches, tests, builds, and integrates enhancements or new products based on client requirements.
- Coordinate conversion and/or integration projects.
- Designs and develops new major software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Prepares and provides software-related documentation.
- Provides status reports for ongoing work.
- Coordinates and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users as needed to identify application requirements.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education Required
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- Allowable Substitution: 4 (four) years of IT experience can be substituted for a BS or BA degree. This must be above and beyond the 8 (eight) year experience requirement stated above.
Minimum Experience Required
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of professional experience in software development, at least 4 (four) of which must include PowerBuilder development.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software using PowerBuilder (v12.5 – current).
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C# and VB.Net, ASP.Net.
The minimum experience and education requirements for this position are due to the complexity, at the program level, of the tasks at hand. This senior level position will be instrumental in designing, updating and maintaining mission critical systems. This position will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators. The requirements as stated above reflect industry standards.